June 23rd, 2010

Irans Offer to Help US Stopping Oil Spill

TEHRAN - Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast underlined Tehran's technical capability to help the US control the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, and said Tehran is ready to study Washington's request for help in this regard.
   
"The issue will be studied if the US administration asks for it," Mehman-Parast said in his weekly press conference here in Tehran today, stressing that Iran has the required expertise and skillful human resources in this ground.

The spokesman said that resolving the problem of the oil spill and the resulting slick in the Gulf of Mexico is a humanitarian issue that encourages all countries to provide the necessary aids to reduce the vast and drastic effects of the incident on the environment.

The remarks by Mehman-Parast came a day after the Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) announced that its experts are prepared to control the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

"The experience of Iranians' presence in curbing oil spills in a number of neighboring states in the Persian Gulf, such as Kuwait, demonstrates Iranian capabilities and skills and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps is ready to help curb the oil spill (in the Gulf of Mexico)," Commander of the IRGC's Headquarters stated.

Qassemi reminded the environmental threat posed by the oil spill to the Caribbean states and nations, and stated, "Despite new sanctions, the IRGC is prepared to fulfill its humanitarian duty in this regard and use its exclusive and indigenous capability in the Gulf of Mexico."

Earlier on May 24, Iranian Oil Minister Masoud Mir-Kazzemi had voiced the country's preparedness to aid the US in cleaning the massive oil spill in Mexico's Gulf Coast which threatens the surrounding environment.

The BP-leased Deepwater Horizon rig exploded on April 20, killing 11 workers, and sank two days later. Ever since, hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil, perhaps even millions, have been spewing each day into the sea.

The resulting slick, now the size of a small country, threatens to leave Louisiana's fishing and coastal tourism industries in tatters, ruin pristine nature reserves, and cause decades of harm to the ecology of fragile marshes that are a haven for rare wildlife and migratory birds.

Frühe Vorzeichen - Ölkatastrophe am Golf von Mexiko


Immer mehr Fakten kommen in den letzten Tagen an die Öffentlichkeit, die darauf hindeuten, dass es bereits Wochen vor der Katastrophe Hinweise darauf gab, dass die Bohrung zunehmend riskanter wurde.

Bereits Mitte Februar, Wochen vor der Katastrophe wurde auch die US-Regierung von BP in Kenntnis gesetzt, dass man Schwierigkeiten mit  der Bohrung hatte. Die Webseite Bloomberg berichtete, dass US-Regierungsstellen ab dem 13. Februar wussten, dass am Meeresboden Öl und Gas austraten und das daran gearbeitet wurdee, diese Lecks abzudichten. Nach diesen Darstellungen,bekämpfte BP Anfang Februar für 10 Tage lang Lecks am Meeresboden.

Darüberhinaus gab es auch Warungen eines Ingenieurs der University of California in Berkeley, der berichtete, dass es beinahe zu einer riesigen Explosion hätte kommne können. Auch diese Warnungen waren der US-Regierung bekannt.

Insiderwissen nicht auszuschliessen

In der Presse konnte man zum damaligen Zeitpunkt jedoch keine Meldungen finden. Bekannt wird jetzt aber, dass die Investmentbank Goldman und Sachs im 1. Quartal 2010 bereits 4.6 Millionen BP Anteile verkaufte. Peter Sutherland, einer der Top Leute bei Goldman und Sachs war zudem vorher Vorsitzender von BP.

Auch Tony Hayward, der immer noch amtierende Vorsitzende von BP trennte sich von einem großem Teil seines Aktienpakets in der Firma.

Nicht auszuschliessen ist, dass sich Anfang Februar für Eingeweite die immensen Risiken abzuzeichnen im Zusammenhang mit der Bohrung abzuzeichnen begannen.

Quellen:

Fitzgerald/Carroll: “Cracks Show BP Was Battling Gulf Well as Early as February”  Bloomberg 17. Juni 2010 www.bloomberg.com
Jon Swaine / Robert Winnett: “BP chief Tony Hayward sold shares weeks before oil spill”, The Telegraph 5. Juni 20Ö

Bundeswehr raus aus der Schule! - Melanchthon-Gymnasium

Am 24. Juni soll ein Wehrdienstberater der  Bundeswehr am
Melanchthon-Gymnasium die zukünftigen Abiturienten  im Rahmen der
Tage der Studien- und Berufsberatung über die „Karriere- und
Studienmöglichkeiten in Uniform“ informieren.
 
Dazu sagen wir „Nein!“ Die Bundeswehr ist kein Arbeitgeber wie andere.
Töten und Getötet-Werden, andere Menschen zu verletzen oder selbst
verletzt zu werden ist nicht Bestandteil vieler anderer Berufsbilder.
 
Gerade für eine Schule, die sich mit ihrem Namen auf den großen
Humanisten Melanchthon beruft, dessen reformatorisches Wirken immer
auch vom Bemühen um eine gewaltlose Lösung des Glaubenskonflikts
geprägt war, ist es unverständlich, warum sie ihren Absolventinnen und
Absolventen Gewalt als mögliches Berufsfeld präsentieren will.
 
 
Deshalb rufen wir auf,  
am 24. Juni 2010, ab 12 Uhr vor der Melanchthon-Schule,
Adele-Sandrock-Straße 75, 12627 Berlin
gegen die Rekrutierung an Schulen zu demonstrieren.

DIE LINKE
Marzahn - Hellersdorf
 

Performance Berlin - The underwater dictionary of the Gulf of Mexico 2010



Saturday, June 26, 2010, 18:45
at "LIKE" Performance- and Sound-Events as part of art and culture festival "48 Stunden Neukölln"
Location: Schillerpalais
Kunst- und Aktionsraum
Schillerpromenade 4,  12049 Berlin
The event will start at 15:00, free entrance

18:45 Uhr: Dovrat ana Meron - Performance

Geboren 1972 in Israel, wohnhaft in Berlin und Venedig. Unabhängige Performance Künstlerin, unterrichtet Performance Art, Butoh und Organische Bewegung (Noguchi, bio spirale, Tai Chi Kung).
www.arte-misia.eu